Here you will find a lot of frequently asked questions regarding the use and the maintenance of your equipment as well as safeguards.
COOKING FOOD PROCESSOR
- UPDATE PROGRAM
- keyboard_return Back
1- How powerful is my Cook Expert?
2- What are the Cook Expert’s minimum and maximum speeds?
3- What are the Cook Expert’s minimum and maximum temperatures?
4- What are the Cook Expert’s maximum processing capacities?
5- Are my Magimix food processor attachments compatible with the Cook Expert?
6- How do I release the bowl?
7- How do I switch my Cook Expert on?
8- How do I quit the Demonstration mode?
9- How do I switch the child lock feature on / off ?
10- Glass lid
11- Glass lid leaks
12 - Leak at the base of the metal bowl
13- Leak at the base of the metal bowl handle
14- The motor smells
15- “Close the lid” message on screen
16- “Change the bowl” message on screen
17- “Motor overload” message on screen
18- «ER 1», «ER 2» or «ER 3» message on screen
19- Problem with the display and/or screen frozen
20- Why does food sometimes stick to the bottom?
21- How can I remove food stuck to the bottom of the metal bowl?
22- I’ve noticed sparks or “flashes” at the back of my food processor.
23- When I fit the clear bowl, I find it impossible to switch to the FOOD PROCESSOR programme.
24- My glass lid is quite stiff to open and close.
25- The motor does not start when I select one of the SOUP programmes.
26- Simmer - Can I use my Cook Expert to simmer stews and cook with delicate ingredients?
27- My ice cream/sorbet is rather soft, even though I followed the recipe to the letter
28- How do I beat egg whites?
29- How do I whip cream?
30- Do I have to fit the midi bowl inside the main bowl in order to use the mini bowl?
31- Can I make the recipes with smaller amounts?
32- Can I adapt my own personal recipes?
33- Cleaning after use of citrus fruits (transparent bowls)
34- Is there an easy way of measuring out the ingredients in ml?
1- How do I clean the bowls?
2- Cleaning after use of citrus fruits (transparent bowls)
3- How do I clean the rim of the lid?
4- Automatic rinsing
5- Are bowls and parts dishwasher safe ?
6- What should I use to clean the screen?
7- How can I get rid of strong smells (e.g. onion)?
8- Must I clean the blades each time I use them?
9- How to remove (and attach) the blade assembly ?
10- How do I clean the blade assembly?
11- After washing my Cook Expert bowl lots of water drains out of the handle.
12- Some recipes have a small icon in the top right corner. What does this mean?
1 - QUESTIONS RELATING TO THE USB DRIVE AND FAT 32 FORMATTING
1. Right click on your USB drive > Format …
2. Choose FAT 32 as the File System > Start Warning - all other data on your USB drive will be lost.
My files are not exactly called flash.bin and Ipc1788.bin
Make sure you haven’t downloaded them twice. Your computer will automatically rename the files (e.g. flash(1).bin). The files have to have their original names to work with the Cook Expert. If necessary, rename the files. What type of USB drive should I choose?
Choose a standard USB drive which can be inserted easily into the USB port. We do not recommend using drives that have special shapes. Also, it is better to use small capacity drives (between 2 and 10 GB).
Why do I need to format my USB drive?
So that the Cook Expert can easily recognise the activation files for the new functionality.
How do I know if my USB drive is the right format?
1. Right click on the USB drive > Properties
2. Go to General > File System If you can see FAT 32, the formatting is correct. Click Cancel.
I was interrupted or there was a power cut during the update. What should I do?
No need to worry. Turn off the Cook Expert. Insert the USB drive again and start the activation process for the new functionality again.
2 - QUESTIONS AFTER THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN ACTIVATED
The update activates French by default. To change the language, go to Réglages > Langues > English
After I activated the program, the screen did not display properly. Don’t worry. It means that the installation was only carried out partially. There can be two reasons for this:
1. The program didn’t have enough time to be completely install. Start the process again and make sure you don’t turn off the Cook Expert before the Cooking mode appears. Ditto for the USB drive which must not be removed during installation. Wait for at least 40 seconds.
2. Check that your USB drive only contains the two .bin files and nothing else. Make sure the drive is blank before downloading the files. Make sure you haven’t copied and pasted twice.
After launching the program, it starts but the Cook Expert does not heat up nor does it mix.
Go to Settings and turn off Demonstration mode.
What is the HOT MIX mode?
The HOT MIX mode was added to meet the demand of certain countries. If the HOT MIX mode is activated, the Cook Expert will be locked as soon as the temperature goes above 60°C AND the speed is more than 12. It has to be unlocked (press the button next to the padlock for 3 secs) before your hot preparations can be mixed.
How do I deactivate the child safety feature?
Press the black button next to the padlock for a few seconds.
How can I access the new attachment programs?
Go to Settings and click Attachments. Select all your attachments. This will take you to the programs concerned (Cooking and Bread)
The thermometer turns red when I am using the Cook Expert.
A pilot light has been added by the update; it turns red as soon as the temperature reaches 60°C.
3 - I CAN’T SEE ANY NEW FUNCTIONS
Perhaps you didn’t press the right buttons. Press the two black end buttons under the STOP button. At the same time, turn the base on and wait for 10 seconds while holding the buttons down. You can release them when a white flash or writing appears.
I pressed the right buttons but nothing happened.
You didn’t press the buttons hard enough and/or for long enough. Wait for at least 10 seconds before releasing the buttons.
I carried out the process correctly and waited for a sufficiently long time but nothing happened.
Check that you didn’t accidentally erase the data and that the two files are present. If this is the case, download them again from the Magimix website and start the process over again.
My Cook Expert won’t turn on.
Check that your Cook Expert is correctly plugged in. If there is no power, nothing will happen.
1- What precautions should I take when using this appliance?
- This appliance is designed for use in the domestic home, therefore do not use your appliance outside.
- Never unlock the lid without pressing the STOP button first. Your appliance is fitted with a thermal failsafe that automatically switches the motor off if it is overloaded or has been running for too long. If it is activated, press the STOP button and wait until the machine has cooled down completely before switching it on again.
- Please be aware that the blades and discs are extremely sharp, therefore care should be taken at all times when handling the blades and discs for yours and others safety.
- The metal blade is extremely sharp. Always hold it by the central hub. When emptying the bowl, either remove the metal blade first or hold it in place by placing a finger on the central hub. - Never exceed the recommended quantities.
- Do not use a cracked, chipped or scratched lid or one that has suffered extreme shock. Should this be the case, contact our Consumer Service.
2- Risks linked to usage
- Always handle the discs and blades with caution, as they are extremely sharp.
- Never push ingredients through the feedtube with your hands, particularly when using one of the discs. Always use the pusher provided.
- Never insert your hands or a kitchen utensil in the feedtube or any other lid opening while the appliance is running, to prevent serious injury and avoid damaging the machine.
- You can use a spatula, but only when the machine is no longer running.
- Always check that the lid is properly locked into place before switching your appliance on.
- Never attempt to override the lid-locking mechanism.
- Always remove the blade or disc before removing food items using your hands.
3- Risk of burns: metal bowl and Cook and Expert programmes
When the machine is in use, some parts can become extremely hot (e.g. outer steel sides of the metal bowl, lid, cap, metal parts under the bowl, basket) and inflict burns. Make sure you only handle the cold plastic parts (e.g. handles) whilst the machine is in use and immediately after use. Accessible surfaces may become extremely hot when the machine is in use. Your appliance releases steam that can cause burns.
- Always hold the cap by its central plastic part and the lid by its handles.
- Never run your appliance if the lid, the lid seal and the blade assembly seal have not been correctly fitted.
- Only use your appliance if the cap is in place, unless stipulated otherwise in the recipe.
- Never fill above the 2.5-litre mark.
For users with pacemakers or active implants:
- The functioning of this appliance conforms to current electromagnetic interference standards and thus is in total compliance with legal requirements.
- To ensure that there is no interference between your appliance and a pacemaker, the latter must have been designed and programmed in compliance with the regulations that apply to it. As such, we can only guarantee the compliance of our own product with current standards. With regard to the compliance of the pacemaker or any potential incompatibility, you should obtain information from the manufacturer or your attending physician.
5- Electricial connection
For users with pacemakers or active implants:
- Your appliance should always be connected to an earthed socket.
- Always check that the voltage shown on the identification plate of your appliance corresponds to the voltage of your mains supply.
- Never allow the power cord to dangle over the edge of your worktop or counter, and make sure that it does not come into contact with hot surfaces.
- Always turn your appliance off with the switch at the back, once you have finished using your appliance, if you are going to leave it unattended, clean it, or remove or add accessories. SERVICE AGENT
- If the power cord has been damaged or if your appliance no longer works properly, it must be replaced or repaired by the manufacturer, a Magimix-approved service agent or a similarly qualified person, in order to avoid all risks.
- The use of parts that are not sold or recommended by Magimix may cause a fire, electric shocks or injury.