Here you will find a lot of frequently asked questions regarding the use and the maintenance of your equipment as well as safeguards.
- keyboard_return Back
1- Switching your appliance on
- Lock the main bowl into position: turn the bowl in an anticlockwise direction until it will not go any further. The handle should now be facing you. Check that the midi and mini bowls are correctly fitted inside the main bowl.
- Lock the lid into position: place the lid flat on the bowl and turn it in an anticlockwise direction until the locking tab engages the top of the bowl handle. The safety rod should now be aligned with the switch.
- Insert the XL pusher in the large feed tube as far as it will go. The safety rod should now be aligned with the switch.
2- The motor stops in the middle of a task
Your appliance’s thermal failsafe was triggered. It is fitted with a heat sensor that automatically turns the motor off to avoid it overheating. This may happen if you try to process excessive amounts, have left the appliance running for too long, or are processing “heavy” dough.
3- Removing the bowl
4- Stabilising your appliance
5- Maximum amounts (liquids)
If you have the BlenderMix (see Question 6), use it whenever you are processing liquids.
6- How do I use the BlenderMix?
> What is it for?
For soups, purées, milkshakes, smoothies, etc.
For cake mixes, cocktails, pancake batter, etc.
The BlenderMix will give all these recipes an even creamier consistency
> Where will I find it?
You will find the BlenderMix in the box under the accessory storage box (or under the citrus press for models equipped with this accessory). If you have purchased the Mini Plus, you will find the BlenderMix next to the citrus press.
> How do I install and use it?
Fit the metal blade onto the motor shaft in the main bowl.
Slot the BlenderMix into the lid. If you are only processing small amounts, you can place it directly in the bowl.
Put the ingredients in the bowl. Put the lid on and lock into place.
Switch your appliance on and run until you have the preferred consistency.
You must only use your Blendermix with the metal blade in the main bowl.
The creaminess of the texture will depend on the quantity and type of ingredients you are using.
7- How do I use the XL feed tube?
8- Why am I always left with a piece when I grate food?
9- What is the best way to chop herbs?
10- How do I fit the citrus press?
11- How do I stop the citrus half slipping off the cone?
Next, place the halved fruit on the cone, pressing down gently.
If your model is equipped with a lever arm, lower it onto the fruit.
Be careful not to push down on the arm.
Switch your appliance on.
12- Where is the other citrus cone? – How do I know which one to use?
Choose the cone according to the size of the fruit. Use the small cone for small citrus fruit (e.g. lemons, limes, clementines, small oranges) and the large cone for large citrus fruit (e.g. oranges, grapefruit).
13- Cleaning after use of citrus fruits
14- For how long should the dough be kneaded?
15- How can I get my bread dough to form a ball?
Make sure you always use the right type of flour for the recipe. Choice of flour is very important, as it determines how much water is needed. For example if you use wholemeal flour you will require more water.
16- Can I use my food processor to make “heavy” doughs (e.g. brioche)?
Follow the instructions carefully for each recipe. Make sure you knead heavy doughs (e.g. kugelhopf, bread or brioche) for less than 1 minute, otherwise the mixture will overheat, killing the yeast, and your dough will not rise.
17- How do I avoid heavy dough (e.g. brioche) creeping up the motor shaft?
- Make sure you do not exceed the maximum amounts recommended for your food processor in the user manual.
- Make sure you add the ingredients in the right order (follow the instructions in the recipe).
- Avoid running your appliance for too long, otherwise the dough will start to overheat. Magimix food processor works on the dynamic kneading principle. Dough is
kneaded for between 30 seconds and 1 minute, depending on the quantity and type of dough. Follow the instructions carefully for each recipe.
18- How do I whisk egg whites?
- Make sure your bowl is clean and dry
- Make sure you fit the four sections together properly. Check that the metal shaft has been correctly inserted. It should protrude slightly from the top.
- Remove the pusher from the lid to let in the air.
- Whisk the egg whites for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the quantity) until they form stiff peaks
For fluffier egg whites, make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
19- How do I whip cream?
You can use your Magimix appliance to make whipped cream (slightly heavier than Chantilly cream).
Make sure you use properly chilled full-fat whipping or double cream, not reduced-fat cream.
- Chill the bowl, egg whisk and cream in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour the full-fat cream into the bowl fitted with the whisk.
- Switch you appliance on, remembering to remove the pusher first.
- Whisk continuously for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the quantity and keeping a close watch on the cream so that it does not turn to butter. When the cream starts to thicken, add the vanilla-flavoured sugar.
Ingredients (serves 4): 300 ml whipping cream +1 level tablespoon vanilla-flavoured sugar
Tip: Adding cream stiffener will ensure that the whipped cream holds its shape for several hours
For fluffier egg whites, make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
20- Juice extractor basket starts to vibrate slightly during operation
21- Customer care team
- to clean the main blade remove the cap. Do this by holding the blade on a flat surface and pushing the edge of the cap with the thumb. To reassemble just click the cap back into place
- the prongs of the spatula can reach inside the dough blade
- the whole egg whisk comes apart for easy cleaning
- rinse immediately your bowl and your lid after using citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, grapefruit ... )
- to clean the inside of the handle, soak the bowl in a solution of Milton or bleach
- do not put the motor unit into water. Clean it with a damp cloth. Take care to keep the switch mechanism on the motor unit clean
- dishwashing recommendations: "All accessories can be washed in the dishwasher but we recommend that you use a short programme (low temperature). It is normal that the bowls and the lid will become marked, crazed and possibly opaque with frequent use. This normal deterioration is not covered by guarantee.
All plastic parts should be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher, away from the element. Liquids and powders are less abrasive than tablets, and a detergent that is 'suitable for plastics' should be used. Use of tablets, or detergents that are not 'suitable for plastics, can cause plastics to become brittle over time. As for all plastics, the accessories are 'dishwasher-safe' (i.e. can be put in the dishwasher but will deteriorate over time and should only be placed on temperatures not exceeding 50 degrees), rather than 'dishwasher-proof'
(i.e. can be put in the dishwasher without any deterioration)"
- Never unlock the lid without pressing the STOP button first. Your appliance is fitted with a thermal failsafe that automatically switches the motor off if it is overloaded or has been running for too long. If it is activated, press the STOP button and wait until the machine has cooled down completely before switching it on again.
- Triple protection: your appliance will only work if both the bowl and lid are correctly locked into place, and if the bottom of the double pusher is level with the MAX level indicator.
- Do not leave the lid in the locked position when the machine is not in use.
- Always handle the discs and metal blades with caution, as they are extremely sharp
- The metal blade is extremely sharp. Always hold it by the central hub. When emptying the bowl, either remove the metal blade first or hold it in place by placing a finger on the central hub.
- Never unlock the lid unless you have pressed the STOP button first. If the bowl will not move, check that the lid has been unlocked.
- The Blendermix attachment should only be used with the metal blade.
- Never insert a foreign object - or your fingers - into the feed tube. Always use the pusher designed for that purpose.
- Never exceed the recommended quantities.