Products used :
PREPARATION : 20 min
COOKING : 55 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 30 min
SERVES SERVES 4 to 6 :
250 g flour
1 pinch salt
80 ml water (at room temperature)
25 ml canola oil
5 egg yolks
60 g caster sugar
½ vanilla bean
350 ml full cream milk
150 g sultanas
1 tblsp lemon juice
½ tsp lemon zests
1 tblsp rum
50 g beurre
100 g breadcrumbs
1 tblsp cinnamon
140 g sugar
1 kg cooking apples (Belle de Boskoop), sliced
30 g melted butter
2 tblsp icing sugar
- 1- Put all the pastry ingredients in bowl and run EXPERT programme 2 minutes/speed 6 (without heating). Put a spoonful of oil in a bowl and add pastry to oil it. Rest pastry for 30 minutes at room temperature covered with a moist tea towel.
- 2- Soak sultanas in lemon juice and lemon zests in rum.
- 3- Put butter in bowl and melt with EXPERT programme 1 minute/speed 0/110°C.
- 4- Add breadcrumbs and brown with EXPERT programme, 3 minutes/speed 3/120°C.
- 5- Add cinnamon, sugar and sultanas with juices and blend using EXPERT programme 30 seconds/speed 3 (without heating).
- 6- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- 7- Spread tea towel on table and sprinkle with a little flour. Sprinkle oiled pastry with a little flour. Place pastry on tea towel and roll out. Then gently stretch the edges of the pastry with the hands, using a circular movement.
- 8- Place sugar and sultana mixture on top of pastry then add sliced apples. Roll up the strudel loosely using a tea towel and place on a lined baking tray. Bake strudel for about 50 minutes.
- 1- Put egg yolks in bowl with castor sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Install whisk, remove cap and run EXPERT programme, 8 minutes/speed 5/65°C.
- 2- Run EXPERT programme for 8 minutes/speed 3/80°C. Gradually pour milk through opening of lid and then close the cap.
Copyright : © Photo Sandra Mahut