by Vicky Charlesworth
Products used :
PREPARATION : 30 min
COOKING : 0 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 0 min
SERVES 3-4 kids :
½ can of chickpeas
(thoroughly washed and then drained)
70 g boiled or roasted beetroot*
(with skin peeled)
25 ml olive oil
25 ml water
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs tahini
½ garlic clove crushed and chopped
1 large pinch of salt
1 grind of pepper
- 1- Add chickpeas, beetroot, lemon juice, tahini and garlic to your Le Micro and pulse until the ingredients are like large breadcrumbs.
- 2- Mix together your olive oil and water and pour in whilst holding down the pulse button until smooth.
- 3- Add any salt and pepper
- 4- Taste and check consistency is to your liking. You can add more oil or water to make the mixture thinner.
- 5- Enjoy with breadsticks, crudités or as a sandwich filling paired with goat's cheese.
CHEF’S TIP :
* To roast cut beetroot into 3cm chunks, wrap in foil and roast until tender approx. 25 minutes. Do you find that when you make houmous you have way too much? This recipe will give you just the right amount. Don't like waste – neither do I - use the remaining chickpeas in Mummy and Daddy's dinner – delicious in an omelette, stew, curry or roasted as a snack…
Copyright : Images and recipes by Vicky Charlesworth at FoodForKids.com.