Products used :
Compact 3200 XL
CS 4200 XL
CS 5200 XL
PREPARATION : 15 min
COOKING : 20 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 0 min
SERVES 30 cheese puffs :
150 g plain flour
200 ml water
75 g butter
1 egg yolk (for brushing)
100 g comté cheese
- 1- Grate the cheese in the midi bowl using the 2-mm grater disc. Set aside.
To make the choux pastry
- 1- Preheat your oven to 180 °C (gas mark 4). Pour the water into a saucepan. Add thediced butter.
- 2- Bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the flour all in one go. Beat in vigorously with a spatula. Return to the heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the pan.
- 3- Remove from the heat and transfer the dough to the bowl with the dough blade. Process for 15 seconds, then add the eggs one at a time via the feedtube, running for a further 30 seconds.
- 4- Add three quarters of the cheese and process for 5 seconds.
- 5- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Spoon the dough into a piping bag* with a plain nozzle. Pipe out buns measuring approx. 3 cm across.
- 6- Brush the buns with egg yolk, flattening them very slightly. Scatter with the rest of the grated cheese.
- 7- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire tray. They should be served warm.
CHEF’S TIP :
for sweet puffed pastry, omit the cheese and add 1 tbsp of sugar to the pan with the water and butter