Products used :
Compact 3200 XL
CS 4200 XL
CS 5200 XL
PREPARATION : 20 min
COOKING : 10 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 0 min
SERVES 6 :
240 g of crabmeat
2 tbsp of mustard
1 botte de persil
2 tsbp of mayonnaise
45 g of butter
2 pinches Cayenne pepper
2 tsbp of Worcesteshire sauce
homemade breadcrumbs, salt
To make the homemade breadcrumbs
- 1- Cut the bread into 2-cm slices and leave to go stale.
- 2- Put the bread in the main bowl with the metal blade (process in several batches for a better end result).
- 3- Process for 2 minutes.
- 4- For more flavoursome breadcrumbs, open the lid, add a selection of dried herbs (thyme, sage, rosemary, summer savory, etc.) and pulse a few times.
- 5- Store in an airtight container.To make the crab cakes
- 6- Make the mayonnaise according to the recipe, halving the amounts.
- 7- Break the rusks and put them in the main bowl with the metal blade.
- 8- Process until the rusks have been reduced to a fine crumb, then add the parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and mayonnaise.
- 9- Introduce the eggs via the feed tube while the machine is still running. Add the crabmeat and pulse a few times to combine.
- 10- Season generously - the cakes must not be bland.
- 11- Shape the mixture into cakes measuring 3 cm across. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 12- Roll the cakes in the breadcrumbs, heat the butter in the frying pan and cook the cakes for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
CHEF’S TIP :
serve with lemon slices and green beans or a green salad