Mini rum babas
Products used :
PREPARATION : 15 min
COOKING : 35 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 30 min
SERVES SERVES 6 :
150 g sugar
50 g softened butter, unsalted
1 tblsp baking powder
A few pieces of fresh fruit of your choice
1 pinch salt
60 ml warm milk
120 g flour
200 ml whipped cream (see recipe)
1 organic orange
100 ml rum
400 ml water
200 g sugar
- 1- Break eggs, set aside yolks and start by beating egg whites. Install whisk in bowl, then pour in egg whites and pinch of salt. Remove cap and run BEATEN EGG WHITES programme.
- 2- Empty bowl and set aside. Place yolks in bowl with sugar and run EXPERT programme, 3 minutes/speed 4 (without heating), until mixture whitens.
- 3- Add warm milk, butter, flour and baking powder then run EXPERT programme, 4 minutes/speed 6 (without heating). Push down. Fold beaten egg whites carefully into mixture with a spatula.
- 4- Grease 6 rum baba tins (or savarin moulds). Divide up mixture among the tins and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (th. 6). Bake babas for 25 minutes.
- 5- Meanwhile prepare rum syrup. Put orange zest and juice in bowl with other ingredients. Run EXPERT programme, 20 minutes/speed 1A/120°C.
- 6- Turn babas out of tins onto a biscuit rack to cool a little. Pour over syrup until it is all soaked up. Let any excess syrup drain away.
- 7- Place whipped cream in piping bag using a star nozzle and fill centre of babas. Decorate with fresh chopped fruit and sprinkle with remaining syrup.
Copyright : © Photo Sandra Mahut © 2014 Hachette Livre (Marabout)