Products used :
PREPARATION : 20 min
COOKING : 35 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 0 min
SERVES 16-20 PROFITEROLES :
80 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
200 ml water
180 g flour
10 g sugar
1 pinch salt
3 medium-sized eggs
A few ground hazelnuts
250 g dark cooking chocolate
150 ml milk
20 g unsalted butter
Sweet choux pastry
- 1- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C (th. 6). Put butter and water in bowl and run EXPERT programme, 2 minutes/speed 3/90°C.
- 2- At end of programme, open lid and add flour, sugar and salt. Close, remove lid and run EXPERT programme, 3 minutes/speed 4/100°C. Mixture should form a ball.
- 3- Run EXPERT programme for another 1 minute/speed 10 (without heating) and add eggs one at a time through opening while programme is running. Push down using spatula if necessary.
- 4- Pour choux pastry into a piping bag. Form 3 cm balls on a tray covered with greaseproof paper, spacing them about 3 cm apart.
- 5- Bake for about 30 minutes until dry and golden. Do not open oven during cooking. Leave to cool.
- 1- Place all the ingredients in metal bowl. Run EXPERT programme for 8 minutes/speed 3/60°C.
- 1- Cut profiteroles in two and place a scoop of ice-cream in each one half. Top with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
CHEF’S TIP :
When cooking profiteroles: choose traditional rather than convection heat. When profiteroles are cooked, open oven slightly and let cool slowly in oven to prevent them from collapsing.
Copyright : © Photo Sandra Mahut © Hachette Livre (Marabout) 2017