Sunflower seed bread
Products used :
PREPARATION : 15 min
COOKING : 50 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 300 min
SERVES SERVES 6 :
200 g rye seeds
200 g wheat seeds
100 g sunflower seeds
300 ml water
1 tblsp salt
1 tblsp honey
1 tbsp dried baker's yeast
1 tsp ground mixed spices: Fennel, cumin, aniseed, coriander (optional)
½ tblsp yeast extract (7 g)
50 g sunflower seeds
- 1- Put all the grains in the bowl and run EXPERT programme 3 minutes/speed 18 (without heating).
- 2- Pour 220 ml of water into bowl and add remaining ingredients. Run EXPERT programme for 1 minute/speed 5 (without heating) to make dough.
- 3- Push down with a spatula and run EXPERT programme 1 minute/speed 13 (without heating).
- 4- Leave dough at room temperature for 4 hours.
- 5- Put dough into bowl with remaining 80 ml water. Knead with EXPERT programme 4 minutes/speed 9 (without heating). Leave dough to rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 6- Shape into a loaf and roll in sunflower seeds. Bake for 50 minutes at 220°C without preheating oven.
CHEF’S TIP :
The recipe can be varied using other spices and seeds such as sesame and squash seeds. If bread is baked in a tin, remove from tin after 45 minutes and bake for another 5 minutes without the tin so it will brown.
Copyright : © Photo Sandra Mahut © 2017 Hachette Livre (Marabout)