Products used :
PREPARATION : 20 min
COOKING : 15 min
RATING : 0 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 0 min
SERVES SERVES 6 :
500 g flaky pastry
1 whole egg
75 g sugar
50 g cornflour
1 vanilla bean
500 ml milk at room temperature
100 g caster sugar
- 1- Preheat oven to 200°C. Roll out flaky pastry very thinly and cut into 3 rectangles. Place on greaseproof paper and prick with a fork.
- 2- Place rectangles on baking tray with an oven rack above to stop them puffing up and bake for about 10 minutes. Turn rectangles over carefully, reposition the oven rack and bake on the other side for about 5 minutes until pastry is golden and dry.
- 3- Meanwhile make crème pâtissière.
- 4- When pastry is cooked and cooled, spread crème pâtissière over first layer, then repeat with second layer and place one on top of the other. Add a layer of pastry on the top and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Vanilla crème pâtissière
- 1- Place eggs, sugar, cornflour and scraped-inside of vanilla bean in bowl. Run EXPERT programme for 1 minute/speed 3 (without heating).
- 2- Add milk and run EXPERT programme, 10 minutes/speed 4/90°C.
- 3- Run EXPERT programme, 5 minutes/speed 4/95°C again. The vanilla cream must be thick. Leave to cool.
- 1- Place castor sugar in bowl and run EXPERT programme, 30 seconds/speed 18 (without heating).
CHEF’S TIP :
Add halved or quartered fresh strawberries or raspberries between each layer of pastry.
Copyright : © Photo Sandra Mahut © 2014 Hachette Livre (Marabout)